.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 03, 2013

 

Comet C/2011 L4 PanSTARRS Mosaic 2 June 2012


My mosaic of Comet C/2011 L4 PanSTARRS, 2 June 2012. Images taken with iTelescope T14. Each image is 5x120sec exposures, stacked in ImageJ then a median Z-project applied. the separate images were then stacked and rotated in GIMP.

The tail of comet PanSTARRS stretches over 5 degrees across the sky, pointing to Polaris. This is my second mosaic of this marvellous comet, but my previous one was too short and light contaminated. After bouts of bad weather and an embarrassing night where I couldn't work out which way the comets tail was pointing (and thus taking lots of images of empty sky), I finally got this beauty.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
...super wow awesomeness!...(O:
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?