.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

 

My TV Interview on Homeopathy

Some weeks back I was interviewed for a TodayTonight program on homoeopathy. It was screened on April 4th, and the segment is now available on the web. You can use this link, or play the embedded video. I appear in a few segments, as do such illustrious people as Dr Simon Singh, Richard Saunders and James Rand. I think it worked very well, and I didn't make a complete fool of myself. The homoeopathic overdose section was fun to do. I have a post on more resources for you to understand homoeopathy if you wish. And today Dr. Rachie posed on the “National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) of Australia declaring: homeopathy ‘not efficacious’” (go NH&MRC!!!)

Lost opportunities; I knew the homoeopath was going to mention quantum mechanics, but I didn't do a section on that, when I said "lets wait a bit" in response to the homoeopathic sleeping tablet overdose, I should have said, "if this was real medicine, we would be in hospital having our stomachs pumped now".

Oh yeah, and to all the sceptics who signed up to my twitter account, this blog is mostly "look up it is pretty" astronomy, although I am on a bit of a roll with my comet Elenin and Nibiru posts, the "life in a meteorite" flap, the odd global warming post too and of course Intelligent Design creationism.


Labels: ,


Comments:
You trimmed your beard! I was waiting to see the full Ned Kelly on Today Tonight!
 
Excellent Ian. Your Kinda Cool in a Geeky way mate. Get yourself a TV Science series..Now!

Great Piece.

Pete
GRAS
 
"on a bit of a roll with my comet Elenin and Nibiru posts, the "life in a meteorite" flap, the odd global warming post too and of course Intelligent Design creationism"

Don't forget all the fun we've had with Pluto... :-)
 
Well done, you! The clip has gone international - Phil "Bad Astronomer" Plait blogged about it...
 
Dr Plait didn't mention you were in it ...
finally watched it - what fun.

The only problem I have with scoffing tablets is that some "homeopathy" can actually be naturopathy and those herbs can be really dangerous.

My mum's chiro says my daughter's behaviour is caused by a urinary tract infection sending "septicemia" to the brain ... should I get her back manipulated to cure the UTI ?
 
Just a quick comment please - "homeopathy" can actually be naturopathy and those herbs can be really dangerous.

NO NO if it is homeopathy it is not naturopathy there is a HUGE difference. Please check it out,
 
Jupiter is Big writes: "My mum's chiro says my daughter's behaviour is caused by a urinary tract infection sending "septicemia" to the brain ... should I get her back manipulated to cure the UTI ?"

NO! UTI's should be treated with antibiotics. 'Septicemia" of the brain would have your daughter in intensive care on life support. Whatever behaviour your daughter has, chiropractic will not do any good.
 
Fantastic Ian .... we all need to be more vocal and take down the charlatans, frauds and scammers we see paraded in the media and in our own circles of influence. Inspirational work.
Brendan O'Brien
Convenor:
International Science Video Competitiona>

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?