.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Saturn

With the lessons learned from the morning Jupiter session, I fiddled a bit with the setting to get the slowest shutter speed/ lowest gain combinaton I could get and still get a recognizable image. The result is the image on the left. It's not markedly better than the previous image a week ago (on the right), but the colours are better, there is a bit better definition in the rings and the equatorial band and polar cap is a bit clearer. Conditions were not ideal, turbulence was still high, there was a bit of wind and with Saturn not making it much over 30 degress of the horizon, seeing will never be as good as with Jupiter (which was around 50 deg above the horizon, with much stiller air). Still, I can see with better conditions Saturn might turn out okay. Now if I can just get around to setting up my Barlow lens.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?